Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It Must Be My Birthday!

Over the last 3 days, my homie, Tyler, and I have been in Phoenix (in the middle of July, and yes it is hot) at the MLB All Star Game. Since it was the day after my birthday, my mom got us a pair of tickets on the 3rd base line. We flew out on Monday, saw the game on Tuesday, and now we're back in the Phoenix airport awaiting our returning flight to Denver. It's been a great time.

The only Colorado Rockie elected to the ASG this year was Troy Tulowitzki. We saw him walking in on the red carpet, when they introduced him, and in the game and took a ridiculous quantity of pictures. Also while we were there, I picked up a Troy Tulowitzki NL All Star jersey, which I am currently wearing. It was quite a bit of money ($125), but for an authentic jersey that's actually not too bad. Other souvenirs that I obtained include: an event program, a pair of pins, and a lanyard. I thought about getting a gold-infused Home Run Derby ball, but for $46, I decided to pass on that one.

And the NL won; 5-1. Self, great day(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment